Friday, March 18, 2016

ICE Conference 2016: Katie Diebold


The ICE conference is definitely one of my favorite professional learning opportunities of the year.  One of my favorite things about ICE is the presenter resources sections & crowd-sourced notes.  If I wasn’t able to attend a session, I can view both of those resources from the ICE 2016 website.   Even if you were unable to attend ICE, you can check out all of the great resources here.

One of the best sessions I attended over the two days was The Ultimate Photobomb presenter by Candace Marcotte.  The biggest takeaway from the session was the storyboard she shared.  It really outlines the process of video editing and scaffolds the process really well.  I made a couple of tweaks to the original.  Feel free to make a copy of it and use it with your students!  
We all know our students love media in every form.  Candace presented some really interesting ways photo and video can be used to engage students and help them learn.  There are a lot of great ideas in her session resource.  My three takeaways from the Ultimate Photobomb Session are:

  1. Student -created “hashtag style” videos, like the Falon/Timberlake example below, to reinforce vocabulary.
  2. Having students create animated GIFs to demonstrate a process or cycle.
  3. The idea of using Dubsmash videos with students.  I have to admit that I don’t fully know what this looks like, but it sounds fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment